Many people still think tablets are a novelty and not worth the price. However, with $200 tablets many people have been buying them and using them for basic things such as eBook readers. Big Lots just started offering a new $100 Polaroid 7″ tablet that runs Android Ice Cream Sandwich. This tablet is for anyone interested in getting their feet wet in the tablet market without a big investment.
Now don’t go expecting the world with this tablet, it is after all only $100. Early users have been reporting that it’s a great buy except one thing: screen quality. It has a low resolution – as low as a phone, 800 x 480. They rate it somewhere between a Nook and digital photo frame. But for reading books and browsing the web this cool Android powered tablet will work just fine.
- Connect to the internet wirelessly (Wi-Fi)
- Built-in speaker
- 4GB internal memory
- 4GB of RAM
- Micro SD card slot (for additional memory)
- Video out jack
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Operating System: Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Processor: 1GHz ARM Cortex A8
- Graphics Accelerator: OpenGL ES 2.0 (3D game support)
- Screen Resolution 800 x 480 (16:9)
- External Memory: Micro SD
- Networking: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery: Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer
It’s pretty surprising to see such low screen quality from a tablet which supposedly supports 3d gaming, but again for the price this is an excellent buy. I might pick one up because my Galaxy Tab runs Android 3x and this would be a good chance to play around with ICS.